This article is only for credit card customers whose subscriptions were purchased directly through our website. If you purchased your subscription through the iOS App Store, please visit https://support.apple.com/billing.
Please note, pausing your subscription would be most beneficial for monthly subscriptions, or if your billing date is coming up and you would like to put your billing on hold. If you are on the annual plan, pausing the subscription in the middle of the year won't change the renewal date, since our annual subscription pricing takes into account 4 free months.
Occasionally, you may want to pause your subscription instead of outright canceling your subscription. Having the option to pause instead of cancel is a great way to remain subscribed without being billed for the time that you aren't using your subscription.
You may want to pause your subscription for the following reasons:
- Going out of town
- Won't be accessing the subscription for a period of time
- Aren't using the service as frequently
During the time that your subscription is paused, you will not be billed. You also won't be able to log in to the Social Learning Platform other than to view your Billing Portal. Your access and billing will resume when the subscription pause is lifted.
To learn how to pause your subscription, try the interactive tutorial or follow the steps below!
1. The first step is to open Social Learning Platform - Everyday Speech and click on the user icon.
2. Click Settings
3. Click Billing
4. Click View Billing Portal
5. Click on your plan
6. Click Pause Subscription
7. You can choose how long you'd like to pause for. You may pause for up to 90 days
8. Pick your pause duration and then click Pause Subscription
9. This is the date that your subscription will automatically resume
10. Your account will now be paused and you will no longer be able to access the materials
11. If you log in before your subscription resumes, you will be brought to this page where you can View Billing Portal. That's it you're done.
Here's an interactive tutorial
First, log in and click on the user icon in the top right of the page and click Settings.
Then, click on the Billing tab of the settings screen.
Click on the button that says View Billing Portal.
Once inside the Billing Portal, click on your subscription plan.
Click Pause Subscription.
You may now choose how many days you’d like to pause for. You may pause for up to 90 days. Once you click on Pause Subscription, your subscription will be paused immediately.
Your subscription is now paused! It will automatically resume on the date specified. You may close your Billing Portal by clicking on the yellow X.
After closing the Billing Portal, you will no longer be able to see any of the materials.
If you log in before your subscription resumes, you will be locked to this page where you can only View Billing Portal.
Hope you found this helpful! As always, you can reach out to us here if you have any further questions.
How to Access the Billing Portal
How to Cancel your Subscription
How to Upgrade or Downgrade your Subscription
How to Resume your Subscription